Wednesday, July 05, 2006






Yesterday, we got back from a three-day trip from some villages that we had already been to before. They were like the previous trips, except the car didn't break down this time so that was good. We had 3 other youth from Kigali go with us, which made it even more fun. These trips are exhausting because you're basically driving off-road most of the time, so your body bounces around for hours. Emilia was feeling better so she decided to come, which was good because it gave us a sense of wholeness to the group. I haven't mentioned this before but the group has definitely had sime unity challenges. A lot of the challenges have to do with personality differences and people misunderstanding eachother. I guess, its bound to happen on projects like these. Things always seem to come to a boil when days go by without the group consulting. So, the consultations are definitely a big help.

These trips are also a little scary at times because the roads are not always that great and the Toyota Hiace is always on the verge of breaking down. And then some of the cliffs are pretty steep so sometimes there's the tipping effect. We're pretty careful though and once we turned around realizing the car wouldn't make it.

I'm really excited about the Uganda trip. We leave on Friday for 3 days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..uhh I just reading some of the comments your friends have been leaving you along the way. I'm really glad for the support you're getting from your comrades- They seem to be very encouraging. Actually it kinda makes me see how narrow my vision is ya know? (I don't need to go into detail YOU know what I mean.)

Umm- I guess I want to thank you and your friends for picking up the slack when it comes to caring about others in this world where people, like myself, would rather just ignore.

You know who I am, Ramee :)

10:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok..you're late (wink), hope everything is alright! :)

6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home