Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am a slave aboard this ship
that moves with ferocity and stubborn agility
towards some magnificent tragedy.

Propelled forward by the stories we're told
of valiant men and tragic heroes
who give their lives every day
for the service of a few
and the tears of many more.

A face among millions. A face long forgotten.

A thousand times I jumped into those treacherous waters.
A thousand time I was dragged back kicking and screaming,
my lungs filled with water,
spilling songs of places
I have long forgotten.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi raminjoon,
now that you are done with your last semester in NC, what is next? will you do anymore travelling? i am planning on leaving my school with a masters and not the PhD. i have been struggling a lot lately and need a good break from it all. i hope all is well with you and your family. let me know what you will be doing next and congrats on finishing your academic program.
-vi

7:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ramin, thank you for the beautiful words of advice. i am taking them to heart. they are so true...we must use our gifts to transform ourselves and to transform the world. this is where our power lies.
-v

10:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home