Monday, July 24, 2006

As missiles fly between Israel and Lebanon, there’s a small village in Rwanda where the people don’t know what Africa is. Steve realized this when his translator said that he’d have a hard time explaining the concept of Africa as a continent.

Anyway, our group has been pretty low key this past week. We head out for Chyangugu at dawn tomorrow for a couple of days, return to Kigali on Thursday, and fly out on Sunday. It almost feels like I arrived in Rwanda last week. It’s really been a blessing being here and having had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. It’s going to be hard leaving all this, but at the same time I’m pretty excited about finishing up my last semester back in NC. Anyway, I wish I was able to write more on here, but circumstances haven’t allowed me to write as much as I would have liked to. Even the pictures aren't able to really capture the awe-inspiring beauty of the places we visited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home